Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Visit to the Real World (Prelude)

This entry may be a little late, considering that we first visited our adopted company for HRM a week ago...

I chose the title "A Visit to the Real World (Prelude)" for this entry mainly because it's about the time we first visited a real, functioning organization. The "prelude" I will explain here:

Well, it's really more like a false alarm. Our company scheduled an interview at 9 in the morning of July 3, a Thursday. I was very early and I even got lost because it was my first time going there. When I arrived it was still a little after 8 and we weren't supposed to meet until 9. I didn't know the exact location of the office so I walked around the whole block. It was only on the second round that I spotted the name of our company in bright, golden letters. I breathed a sigh of relief, not because I thought I wouldn't find it but because I was really tired and hot.

9 am came and we were greeted by the HR Manager of our adopted company. Unfortunately, the news she brought us was not good news because she said they had to reschedule the interview. *sigh* We were disappointed. It's not easy to wake up so early in the morning, is it? She told us to call them back in the afternoon for the schedule.

And so, it was decided when we called that afternoon that they will be entertaining us the next Monday at 1:30 p.m... So, we didn't really accomplish anything that day. We were prepared and this happened. Like I said, it was just a "prelude" to the real deal. The real deal on Monday.

2 comments:

  1. I feel for you, Kate. It was also my first time to visit that place all by myself. Although I discovered the place a day before you did, I did experience 'parading' beside the establishments before getting into the place. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you need your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (even if they're dating somebody else now) you got to watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Get your ex CRAWLING back to you...?

    ReplyDelete