Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Prelude to Mon Violon

If you look at the upper right corner of my blog and here (below), you will see a picture of a violin - MY VIOLIN.


I named her ~Luna~, which was inspired from Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata and Debussy's Clair de Lune. Both works have a connection with the moon and I found that really mysterious and drawing.

I have listened to Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata and I think that it's a very sad song. When I listened to it, it sounded foreboding and ominous, like something is lurking in the shadows. I have also listened to Debussy's Clair de Lune and I think that it's one of the most beautiful works that I have ever heard. Even though these two were written originally for the piano, I think they were also transcribed for other instruments, such as the violin.

It has been my dream to be able to play beautiful music with the violin because it really is a beautiful and versatile instrument. I have heard many say that it's one of the most difficult instruments to play but that didn't sway me. It made me even more determined to learn it.

Now, I have my mind set that learning the violin is NOT DIFFICULT but is, rather, CHALLENGING. There is a major difference between the two...

So, I started learning the keyboard and reading musical notes. Those were my stepping stones towards the violin. I hope the day will come when I will be able to play the violin virtuosically and beautifully as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment