Saturday, February 7, 2009

Reflection on SAD 1 Proposal

Our proposed system is a Scholarship Renewal and Information System (the name is still tentative because according to RSG, it's very "english" Laughing ). Anyway, I must admit that at first I was a little scared about this. I don't trust my abilities, if any tongue, that much. But later on, I came to see that the systems we proposed are all very good and if we can really implement them, they would certainly benefit the university.

As far as I know, the different systems that we will develop will be networked together. And one day, when they are all being used for their purposes, we can proudly say that "We made this!".

I am thankful to RSG for pushing us to think, think, and think some more about what we can do to help our school. For our group it was a long-fought battle but we were finally able to come up with an idea that sprung from our own needs and observations. Now, I can bravely say that we can do this! No matter how difficult our proposals may seem. RSG taught us to believe in ourselves by also believing that we can do it. That might just be the push that we needed to aim higher and think greater of ourselves. Indeed, for the past three years, we've been looking down on ourselves. I've had enough of that!

Right now, I am excited to move on with this project because it's going to be the first step to becoming and proving that I am a responsible IT professional. lol!

-----------------------

As for the consultations, I hope RSG would stay longer at school. Hehe (Sorry, sir. I know your heart aches when we tell you to stay at school... albino ) Anyway, we find it a little difficult to catch you at the faculty and not busy. It's like playing a game of "Catch me if you can". Hehe. I hope, sir, that you can schedule consultation periods everyday for SAD and give each group an equal amount of your time.

I uploaded our proposal here: Scholarship Renewal and Information System Proposal
Scholarship Renewal and Information System Prototype

No comments:

Post a Comment