Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Yoshimoto Cube

I was browsing through videos in Youtube when I stumbled upon this interesting video of the Yoshimoto cube. It was like something I made for my Geometry class when I was in 3rd year high school, except that this one's way cooler!



The Yoshimoto cube was discovered in 1971 by a Japanese (duh...) named Yoshimoto Naoki. The cube is made up of 8 smaller cubes connected together in a way that allows it to be folded and unfolded in many different ways. As what you see in the video, the cube also contains another set of cubes that can be folded and unfolded variedly.

I have already lost the one I made for my Geometry class in high school and unfortunately, I have forgotten how to make it. Still, I hope this tweaked your interest in Geometry a bit. Geometry can be fun, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment