Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Difference Between METHOD and METHODOLOGY

Question: In your own understanding, what's the difference between "METHOD" and "METHODOLOGY"?

Since the question asks for my own understanding, I'd have to say that METHOD is a systematic way of doing or accomplishing something. It can be a set of procedures or techniques that will allow you to arrive at the desired output.

On the other hand, METHODOLOGY is more of a congregation or body of practices, procedures, rules, or methods used in a particular discipline (in this case, Research). I have read some references which define methodology as a study of working methods, which, I think, is also appropriate since the suffix "-logy" means "study".

Based on what I've written above, I could say that METHOD is more descriptive, while METHODOLOGY is more critical and analytical. Very Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment