Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Yoyo Market: Online Seller of Imported Goods in Japan

If you're a foreigner living in Japan, then you must have experienced missing some of your favorite foods and snacks from your home country. While there are many shops in Japan that sell imported goods, they can be pretty expensive. And by expensive, I mean, half the quantity for double the price!

I love nuts and I have been craving them recently. But I'm not craving ordinary peanuts. I want almonds, cashews, and pistachios. These are sold in groceries but they are sold in rather small packs so whenever I buy them, I immediately run out! Yes, I eat nuts like they have 0 calories.

So, I searched and searched and finally stumbled upon Yoyo Market. Yoyo Market sells imported goods at relatively cheaper prices as compared to physical shops that sell imported goods here in Japan. Normally, at least as far as I have seen, a 500g-pack of cashews costs Y999. At Yoyo Market, you can buy 1.13kg of cashews for around Y2000, which, if you think about it, is a little cheaper than if you buy at a physical store.

Of course, Yoyo Market does not only sell nuts. They also sell other snacks, cooking ingredients, IKEA products, furniture, and much more. As for me, I only wanted nuts and I was very happy that they had various selections of nuts. I got myself 1kg each of almonds, cashews, and pistachios.



They also offer next-day delivery, and you can set when and what time you want your goods to be delivered. I ordered mine last Sunday and had it delivered today, Wednesday. Now, when I opened the package, I found something unique inside - on the receipt was a short, hand-written message from probably the owner/manager of Yoyo Market. That surprised me - in a good way.



So, next time you're craving for imported food or in need of imported stuff, just check out Yoyo Market and have them delivered at your doorstep promptly.

No comments:

Post a Comment